We’ve got you covered!
If you’ve been thinking about what to cook for your family Christmas, here’s a treat for you! We’ve put together our favourite festive recipes that have lots of colour & great flavours that will make a holiday dinner to remember!
CRANBERRY AND MAPLE GLAZED HAM
Nothing is better than the balance of the sweet and tangy. Our cranberry and maple glaze pairs beautifully with succulent ham. It’s sweet, tart, sticky and delicious! Served hot or cold it’ll be the centrepiece of your Christmas dinner, so grab a ham and get glazing!
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Carefully remove the rind from ham. Score the fat in a diamond pattern
- Add ¼ cup water to a roasting pan and place the ham on a wire rack in the centre of the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat cranberry sauce, maple syrup, spices, brown sugar and dijon mustard. Simmer and stir constantly for approximately 10 minutes or until the glaze has thickened
- Brush ham with a third of the mixture to evenly coat
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and heated through. Brush with remaining glaze every 20 minutes until remaining is used up
BUTTERED NEW POTATOES WITH GARLIC, HERBS & SHALLOTS
These herb potatoes are a wonderful side dish to serve at any family meal! They are tender, flavorful, savory, salty, melt-in-your-mouth flavor and a perfect complement to an impressive main-dish recipe like our Cranberry and Maple Glazed Ham.
- 900g new potatoes
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp freshly chopped mint
- 2 tsp Springbrook Garlic & Herb Spread
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- Wash the potatoes and place in a pot of boiling water, make sure the larger ones are at the base and smaller ones on top. Pour in enough boiling water to almost cover, add some salt and mint
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer gently for around 20 minutes
- Test with a skewer making sure the potatoes are tender but still firm
- In a small bowl mix the Garlic & Herb Spread, parsley and shallots
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter
- Stir everything together for a few minutes so that the potatoes are coated then season to taste with salt and black pepper
The fresh taste of applesauce with a balance of tart and sweetness is the perfect side dish to glazed ham. Give the coleslaw about an hour in the fridge to chill down before serving, this allows all the delicious flavours to absorb and get cosy!
- 1/2 cup Applesauce (we recommend Smart Choice Applesauce)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Packet of coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- Toss through shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- Refrigerate overnight so the coleslaw absorbs all the flavours of the dressing
- Gently toss before serving
TIP: Add multi coloured ribbons of cabbage or red and green vegetables for a festive element to the Christmas table.